ACADEMIA AND RESEARCH
design DOT studio encompasses world-class academicians/professionals who are not only heavily engaged in contemporary AEC research and publication but, also actively involved in training architects/designers in capacity of top-level university lecturers.
The directors have significant research experience in:
- Green Buildings and Buildings Science;
- Integrated Design and Sustainable Construction;
- Sustainable Development of Future Cities;
- Intelligent Buildings, Zero-Energy Buildings, and Intelligent Cities;
- Urban Climate Dynamics, Ecologically Sustainable Urban Design;
- Environmental/Thermal/Energy Modeling and Simulation, Performance-based Design
- Design Cognition and Computing; Building Automation Systems; CAD/BIM
- Integrated Design Studies; Computational Research Methods; Architectural Pedagogy
reported in numerous refereed articles.
They serve as editorial board members, scientific/technical committee members and reviewers for various top-ranked international journals and conferences.
Their research articles are published in many of the world's top ranked journals including 'Building and Environment', 'Applied Energy', 'Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews', 'Cities', 'Urban Forestry & Urban Greening', 'Renewable Energy' and 'Sustainable Cities and Society'. They have contributed as keynote/invited speakers for different international conferences and symposiums.
design DOT studio directors teach courses related to architectural design, Construction Engineering, building science, sustainability and future cities planning while also participating in design juries. They have active collaboration with many professors and practitioners from New Zealand, US, Canada, UK, Australia, Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore and Malaysia. They have achieved well-recognized international innovation awards in addition to publication of various international level patent; journal articles; books; conference papers etc.
In addition to their academic excellence, they practice as architects, designers and project managers for several years. Their design works have been featured in many architectural magazines.